I really don't mind coming to Georgia to support the 41st Infantry Brigade. I never like leaving my family though. It is always hard to say goodbye to my wife. I always start missing her even before I leave. I remember telling a friend a couple years ago that leaving Cassie always makes me sad and sometimes makes me sick to my stomach. He couldn't believe it. Like I shouldn't be like this?
I would rather miss my wife like crazy than not to feel anything at all when I travel. She is a very understanding wife and supports me fully. It is always hard to be away from her.
So far I got up at 3am to make my flight at 6am at PDX. I could barely sleep that night and I have been a little sick which has added to my misery. I kept waking up during those lovely 3 hours to cough stuff up. My friend Luke picked up me this morning to take me to the airport. He is such a good friend.
I got to the airport and got in line to check in with the airline and saw my uncle Greg there in the airport. He had just dropped off his wife Cindy (my aunt) to fly out. Small world. One thing I am really glad about when the military fly is how the airlines accommodate the military flying when they are on orders.
There was a lady directing people into the lines and I told her I was military on orders and she took me to the front of the line at check-in. That was really nice. I knew this but they weighted my baggage and it was way over 50lbs. They asked me how I plan on paying for this and I showed military ID with orders and all fees waived. Then I get to go through the express lane at security also. I don't have to wait in the long line at the airport. I think by the time I was dropped off until the time I was at my gate was under 25minutes. Sweet!
One thing I noticed at the airports is that there is all kinds of people there. I caught myself looking at all the people who I was going to fly with. I know this is bad but I was looking around hoping I would not sit next to certain people. You know the ones I am talking about. All kinds of people fly. Lots of business people, people going on vacation, and I saw a lot of military while I was there.
No comments:
Post a Comment