Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Deployment and Job Stuff

My last blog I sort of updated that I would not be deploying. Well here is what is going on job wise right now. Recruiting Command selected me for AGR. What that means is that I am not longer on a temporary ADSW order. ADSW is subject to funding and if funding is not there then there is no job. AGR is a permanent order that I will be placed on. I am will be consider ACTIVE DUTY in the National Guard. I mean just like the regular army but in the National Guard. This is good for me and my family. I don't have to worry about losing my job due to funding.
 
Also, I will have more permanent answers in the future about possible deployment. As long as I am working as a recruiter, the possibility of me being deployed is minimal. I would even say that I am non-deployable but I know there is always a chance. Me going on AGR takes me off of my old units books B Co 2/162 INF. I will not longer be in a Infantry company but I will be permanently assigned to Recruiting Command.
 
My AGR orders take effect on the 15th of May. I am excited about this and this should bring some stability to my family.
 
Mike

No comments: