Sunday, May 24, 2009

Half way through?

So I have been at Fort Stewart for 18 days now. The time has really gone by quickly. The days here are really hit or miss as far as if I am busy or not. Today is not a busy day (Sunday). I have just been doing odd tasks. It is really whatever is needed. I should be going home in less than two weeks but that might change.

 

The guy that is supposed to come down here to take over my position will not be able to come down here until June 15th. This is due to other military training that he has to attend. That would mean that no one would fill my position here for ten days. It would be a bummer to stay another ten days but it is not too bad down here right now. My boss back home is on vacation right now and I am unable to get a hold of him to discuss this. He is on a much needed vacation!

 

I feel they would like me to stay down because going ten days without a TOC OPS NCO is a little painful. I was originally committed for ten days only as far as recruiting command is concerned. Ultimately it will be up to my boss back home weather I stay or leave. I will just have to wait and see what is going to happen.

 

It is kind of hard to describe what I am doing exactly. I am in charge of some people coming in from the airport, getting their rooms in order, and taking care of day-to-day operations/tasks inside the TOC (office). It's not bad, the hours are not long (most days), and it is 7 days a week. It will be nice to go home and have a day off. I do not have it that bad at all considering. The soldiers who are deploying are working long hours, 7 days a week and they do not get to come home in a few weeks. I am proud of the Oregon soldiers who are about to deploy and I pray for their safe return.

 

Mike

No comments: