SCHOOL: Some of you know that I was going to school last year for a while. Well I was going to school for 14 months straight (even through summer of 2007). That was not fun. I stopped going to school Feb 2008. I was going to University of Phoenix and I was going to major in Business. I was getting burned out. We had just bought a house, I started a new job (recruiting), and I was getting burned out. When I stopped going to school, I knew I was probably going to go back but I was not decided. The UOP program didn't excite me.
A friend of mine, Luke, was going to Liberty University through their distance learning program. We had both taken a break at the same time last February. I looked into their program and it seemed better. Plus, Liberty U is a Christian University and they have a better program for people in the military. That is two big thumbs up for me.
I am now going to Liberty University and I really enjoy it. The only down side is that it takes more time than the University of Phoenix program but I am learning more. My graduation year is May or June of 2010. It might seem like a long way off but I am excited because I am more than half way done.
Work: I am currently a recruiter for the Oregon Army National Guard. My job is going okay. Our fiscal year ended September 30th. So, as of the 1st of October, we all start over at 0 as far as our quota goes. How recruiting works in the ORNG is that we get a yearly quota. Regardless if we meet or exceed our quota, we get a new quota for the next year. This first three months is very critical for me.
Family: Cassie is doing well. She is always busy taking great care of the home, being a great wife, and a very busy mother. Anthony is in the 2nd grade now. He is reading like crazy. I remember when he could barely read his own name but now he can read signs, the tv, and most common things. It is great. Aaliyah is in Kindergarden. She is learning all kinds of stuff and she is very excited to be in school right now.
Random other things: I will be very busy for the next few months. Next week I have a week off from school due to the fact that I am between terms. I will have three or a four week break over Christmas from school so I am looking forward to that. I am extremely busy with work right now also. My work days seem to be getting longer and longer. I need to be highly productive for the next three months to have a successful fiscal year.
I have some uncertainties that are in my near future and it is a little stressful. I think God has been showing me lately is to put my happiness in him. In these tough times with work, the economy, the elections, and the unstable world that we are living in. The Lord is faithful. Proverbs 16:3 Commit your works to the Lord And your plans will be established.
1 comment:
Hey Mike. It's fun to see you on here as well.
Life certainly does seem to get busier as time goes on, and we're often surprised when things don't seem to go the way we've planned. I've learned that in those times, it is critical to wait on the Lord, knowing that He has a perfect plan and perfect timing. Romans 8:28 What an amazing promise to hold on to.
Post a Comment