Friday, October 10, 2008

Thoughts of old memories.

A few nights ago a friend came over that I have not seen in a while, Joey Wong. We go way back. All the way back to junior high. Maybe even 5th grade or so. It was great to hang with him for a little while. Since Cassie and I haven't seen him in a while, we started talking about high school and the years after high school. I had not realized how much has happened since high school. It seem like so long ago even though it was only 7 years ago. 

My high school days were alright. I did have fun. Thinking about all of those things makes me laugh. All the videos games such as Golden Eye for Nin64 and Halo 1 when xbox first came out in 2001. Those were the days. I wouldn't trade anything for what I have now but those were the days living off of $200 or so a month for taco bell and movies. 

I think the biggest thing we talked about last night wasn't how good it used to be because looking back, it might have been fun but it wasn't any better than it is right now. The biggest thing is how people have turned out. We were friends with people that we thought were going to go places but it ends up they have gone no where. Some people who seem to have it all, live in a hole. Some people who had nothing have everything. Some people are single still and some are married. Some have kids and some don't. People I thought would never get divorced are. It is crazy how different life is now from that of 7 years ago. 

I really don't have a point to all of this but it was good looking back at good times. It was also fun thinking about people I haven't thought about in a while. Before I know it I will be 40 and the kids will be graduated from High School. With every season that passes new memories are built and I am enjoying watching the kids getting older and hang'n with Cassie.

No comments: